Saturday, July 14, 2007

Holographic Crazy-Glue Brain

Boring day at work today, so 2 quickies. They're more weird than interesting.


I dreamt I was trying to fix a head. I'm not sure if it was my head or someone else's, just that I was trying to fix it. Someone had done a real number on it. The top had broken off and the brain had popped out. I looked everywhere for it and, when I found it, saw that the brain stem was also broken off. I held the stem awkwardly in place as I put the brain back in the head. I first put a drop of Crazy-Glue in the spine hole to make sure the brain stayed in place. I had fixed the head.

Later someone had cut my torso in half, right below the pectoral muscles. This was harder to fix since I was cut in half. I needed to 2 drops of Crazy-Glue, one each side of my spinal column, to put me back together.

I spent the rest of the dream bent in half, trying not to move too much until the glue dried.

I woke up with a nasty cramp in my back, right where I had been cut in half.

======================================================

I was off at a National Director's conference of some sorts and we were all sleeping at a hotel that turned out to be my parent's house. We all slept in sleeping bags in a big dorm.

It was the last day of the conference and I had gotten up early: I needed to see someone and I believed I would run into them at the hotel bar. It was a real swanky bar with a snooty maitre-d. I spent the whole day there, observing the patrons, most of which were holograms to make the place look like it was filled with rich people.

I never met the person and, at the end of the day, decided to go home. It was winter so it was already dark when I got out. Outside it was exactly like my place of work and I went to wait for the bus on the wrong side of the street. One of the waiters was also waiting for the bus. He started chatting me up and I learned he was also a hologram and he couldn't wait to get home to his family. I didn't have the heart to tell him that, since he wasn't real, his family and house probably didn't exist. They were probably memories that were implanted in him to make him believe he went home every night.

I got tired of waiting for the bus and decided to take drive home instead.

No comments: